Thursday 5 March 2015

Distractions on the Road and in the Sky

I finally left the Museum of the Confederacy, and set off along the road towards Appomattox.
At this stage I did not realise that there is the town of Appomattox, as well as Appomattox Courthouse......different places.

But within a few minutes of leaving the Museum, distractions started to arise. I found myself making several unplanned stops to read boards and take photographs. As I commented elsewhere, in this part of the world, where much action took place, clearly there were incidents that were noteworthy.

So I found myself in and out of the car, camera in hand to record some of what I saw. You will find the photos here.

And I note the comment about General Custer!!

For me, the most poignant stop was the small Confederate Cemetery. I found this a moving place to stand and think. 

Then it really was time to move, and when I came to the fork in the Road, I chose Appomattox Courthouse. It was a wise choice as you will read in my next blog.




























No comments:

Post a Comment