Tuesday 31 March 2015

A wee break in the Lake District and the Eclipse!

We are not long back from a week in the Lake District of Cumbria. We were staying at the Grand Cumbria Hotel in Grange Over Sands.
It was comfortable enough. A bit old with creaky floors, and renovations going on. But at the price we paid, little to complain about.
On the Saturday before we left we were involved in a road accident. While stationary at red lights at the Edinburgh end of the M8, we were rammed from behind by a car that had not seen the red lights. We were shaken but fortunately no serious injuries.
On the Monday my car was uplifted by the insurance company of the offending driver, and we were supplied with a replacement vehicle. A Vauxhall Zafira Tourer. 
My car suffered £3000 worth of damage and I still await its return. Though the replacement vehicle is nice...and expensive, I am keen to have my car back.

So we spent a week touring the lake District. Weather was mixed. Sun, some showers, some hail and snow. And definitely cold. Halfway through I got the flu and lost my appetite. Food did not taste right, so I skipped a number of meals.

We were there on the day of the eclipse, a very cloudy day, but just before we went into morning mass, the clouds briefly cleared and I got a couple of photos.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment