Thursday 24 June 2010

A Quick UK Tour of Abbey Churches
















On Monday I set off to photograph some Abbey Churches around the UK.
I stayed overnight at Nottingham, then on Tuesday I headed across to Chepstow in Wales.
From there, I moved south to Magram, and then further south to Kidwelly.

The Abbey Church at Magram is quite substantial, but for me even more impressive were the remains of the original Abbey. It must have been quite a building in its day.

I stayed overnight at PorthCawl, and on Wednesday, I headed back into England-via Chepstow - and reached Tewkesbury.
The Abbey Church there is very impressive. From there I moved to Great Malvern. Again, another massive Church still with some medieval glass. Finally I made it to Worcester. It was impossible to find a place to capture the whole Church in one photo sadly.

I stayed the night at Redditch and today I made my way North to Lancaster and Cartmel Priory.

Again, Lancaster Priory was difficult to get in one photo, as was Cartmel.

Sadly, just as at Kidwelly, there was scaffolding on the tower, which was difficult to hide.
Tomorrow, I head home.


These photos are Great Malvern Worcester Lancaster Cartmel

No comments:

Post a Comment